Monday, September 11, 2006

Education Cliches

By virtue of being employed by the University of Mississippi I get to take classes for free. I'm slowly working towards my Ph.D in Educational Leadership. I've noticed the same answers popping up with depressing regularity any time an instructor asks a question.

Along with a fellow grad student, I've started to put together a list of cliches that you can use to answer any question that is asked in an education course. You will have a 90% chance of getting the answer right. You should preface the answer with some rhetorical nonsense like "I think what we're really talking about here is that...":

"As educators we need to have high expectations."

"Everyone needs to be on the same page."

"It's a two-way street."

"It's systemic."

More to come...

No comments: