Tuesday, December 05, 2006

List of the Week: Best Mamet Quotes

David Mamet is one of favorite writers and directors.

He's famous for "Glengary Glen Ross" and "The Untouchables" but, in the last nine years, he has written and directed some fantastic, little-known, films:

The Spanish Prisoner, a suspense film about the oldest con on the books;

The Winslow Boy, a drama bout a boy accused of lying;

State and Main, a comedy about a movie production coming to a small, Vermont town;

Heist, a, you guessed it, heist film;

Spartan, an action movie about a Delta Force soldier trying to rescue the president's daughter.

The last two, Heist and Sparten, are my favorite. They are flawless films.

Here are the top quotes from those films:

Spartan:

1) Indicate you heard me.

2) In the city there is always a refelection, in the woods always a sound.

3) You wanted to go through the looking glass. How was it? Was it more fun than miniature golf?

4) You're gonna leave your life or you're gonna leave the information in this room.

5) Ain't nobody here but two people in green.

6) You need to set your motherfucker to "receive".

7) "One riot, one ranger," you ever heard that?


Heist:

1) My motherfucker is so cool, when he goes to bed, sheep count him.

2) Bergman: Don't you want to hear my last words?

Joe: I just did.

3) Everybody needs money. That's why they call it money.

4) I don't want you as quiet as an ant pissing on cotton. I want you as quiet as an ant not even thinking about pissing on cotton.

5) Love makes the world go round. Love of gold.

6) I tried to imagine a fella smarter than myself. Then I tried to think, "what would he do?"

7) Cute as a pail full of kittens.

8) She could talk her way out of a sunburn.

No comments: