Sunday, July 31, 2005

Ninth Week... And then he rested

Well, the ninth and final week of MTC Summer Training is fninismo. It has been a busy summer and I haven't been this tired since I was coaching. I feel the same as I did when the season ended, like I was just trying to make it through the last day. Normally the summer isn't this demanding, but with the reunion, the problems with 502, and having to work with the TEAM day in and day out, in addition to running the Teacher Corps... well, I'm ready for a break. Which is just what I'll be doing. I'm taking a week off. Doing what? you ask. Nothing. No travel, no days by the beach or nights in the city. I'll be around Oxford, sleeping, reading, watching movies, exercising a little bit. Probably sneaking into the office every now and then to do a little work (no one's perfect). This will be the first vacation I've had since I took this job.

Ginny, our fabulous intern, had her last day on Friday. It was sad for all of us (Whitney, Germain, Dr. Mullins) to see her go. She had certainly become a part of our little Teacher Corps family. I talked to her father on Friday and said, "I can't believe she is only 20 years old." And I can't. With the amount of work she has done she has been an incredible help to me and to the Teacher Corps. I don't think I could have finished the summer without her.

No comments: